Huntington Castle & Gardens
Huntington Castle, Clonegal, County Carlow, the ancient seat of the Esmonde family is today one of Irelands historical treasures.
Presently lived in by four generations of the Durdin-Robertson family, descendents of the Esmondes, the castle is set in picturesque countryside at the foot of the Blackstairs mountains.
Built in 1625 on the site of a former 14th century stronghold and abbey, the castle has something to offer everyone – from those keen to explore the fascinating house and gardens on a tour – to the discerning client looking for a venue hire with a difference, or the couple looking for a fairytale wedding venue. Whatever you are looking for we are sure that Huntington will have something unique to offer.Weddings
Every bride deserves a fairytale wedding and at Huntington this dream can come true.
We are one of the most romantic locations in Ireland and can offer you something totally unique. Huntington can provide a full range of services from award winning cuisine to full wedding planning. We are a totally independent boutique wedding venue and can work with couples to create their perfect day whatever their needs:
- Fully licensed to conduct weddings on the premises.
- Catholic and Church of Ireland Churches within 1 mile.
- 17th century courtyard and barn theatre with seating capacity for approx 100 guests.
- Marquee options available for larger groups – no size limits.
- Beautiful grounds, Yew walk and 14th Century Abbey available for photo shoots and outside catering/ reception.
- Self catering apartment available.
- Venue hire includes accommodation for bridal party and bridal suite in the castle.
- Hotel and transport services can be arranged with 3 large hotels within 10 minutes drive. Accommodation discounts available.
- Special deals available for smaller sized parties.