The Lake House Hotel and Restaurant offer superb hospitality and old-world charm in the peace and tranquillity of a rural setting, yet minutes away from Portnoo and Narin.
Situated within view of Portnoo Golf Club and Clooney Lake, it is only minutes away from the two-mile stretch of Narin’s glorious Blue Flag beach on the Atlantic coast.
Despite its peace and seclusion, The Lake House Hotelis only half an hour’s drive from Donegal Town and is within easy access of the airports of Donegal, Sligo, Derry and Belfast International. The pretty towns of Ardara, Glenties and Dungloe are a short picturesque drive away.
Prices start at 35 euros per person.Weddings
Small enough to provide that special personal service, yet experienced enough to make your day totally unforgettable, The Lake House Country Hotel is the ideal setting for your wedding. We cater to weddings up to 160 Guests.
The Lake House Country Hotel undertakes to host only one wedding at any one time and the hotel and its facilities are for the exclusive use of the wedding guests (for parties over 100 in number).
Whatever the season, The Lake House Country Hotel offers a warm welcome, making you feel immediately at home. Peat fires and a hot toddy in winter, strawberries and champagne in summer greet you on your arrival.
Menus are individually tailored to your specific requirements using the finest local, fresh ingredients. In consultation with the Head Chef, you can create your own menu, reflecting your personal taste and budget. The chefs will then cook to your specifications on the day. View Sample Menu Here
The Lake House Country Hotel is owned and managed by Frank Barber, who has had many years of international hotel experience. His particular expertise and passion is to host weddings and other special functions at the Lake House. He takes a personal part at every stage, not only of the planning and preparation for the day, but also in the smooth running of the day itself. It is his aim to ensure that you and your guests all have an enjoyable and relaxing experience and a most memorable day.
Efficiency, professionalism and personal service are key. Nothing is too much trouble to ensure that your day is perfect.
We are delighted to offer completely free of charge the following facilities for your special day.
Click here for wedding planner countdown
- Red carpet on arrival
- Champagne reception for bridal party
- Tea / Coffee and biscuits on arrival for your guests
- Fresh flower decorations or candelabras on every table to compliment your colour scheme
- For 2013 complementary chair covers
- Table linen including linen napkins
- Cake stand and knife
- Your table plan typed and displayed
- Overnight accommodation for the bride and groom in our bridal suite on the night of the wedding
- Special accommodation rates for your guests
- Landscaped gardens and striking settings inside the hotel itself for photo opportunities
- Extensive car parking facilities for your guests
- Special concessions for midweek weddings (Monday – Thursday) - a 10% discount off your food and a complimentary disco
All prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.