Mulranny Park Hotel
Mulranny Park Hotel– it’s colourful past, present and future.
A STUNNING WEDDING DESTINATION
- The Railway Station at Mulranny was built and open in 1894 by Great Western Railways
- In order to make Mulranny a Tourist destination they decided to build a hotel which opened in 1897.
- The luxurious Great Western Hotel opened at Mulranny in 1897 and a combined rail and hotel ticket was available. This is one of the first examples in Ireland of the bundled ticket.
The hotel was equipped with every modern convenience of the time, including electric light, and by 1900 hot and cold water baths were also available.
- Tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool were added in later years.
- Realising that the tourists needed access to the beach area a Causeway was built, funded by the Railway company to enable people to access the beach area. Hotel patrons had access to sandy beaches and the use of the hotel's boats and golf links.
- In the 1930s, as the roads improved and cars became more common, trains became less popular, and Midland Great Western Railways began to discuss closing down the Westport - Achill line. In 1934 the passenger service was closed, although it was reopened temporarily 1936 while road repairs were in progress. Freight trains continued to run until 1937. In 1937, when the Kirkintilloch Disaster claimed 10 Achill victims, the train again took the bodies home. The last train ran on Thursday 30th September 1937.
- The Hotel at Mulranny remained prosperous for many years and its spectacular location featured high in its successful market attributes. It boasts many famous guests including John Lennon and Yoko Ono who visited in June 1968.
Mulranny Park Hotel Wins Best Hotel Wedding Venue Connaught 2013.
Mulranny Park Hotel has been voted the best and most beautiful hotel in Connaught to have a wedding reception at this year’s hotly anticipated WeddingsOnline.ie 2013 Awards.
We have a NEW All Inclusive Wedding Package for €49 per guest. The package includes 5 course meal, 2 glasses of wine, evening buffet, arrival drinks, free bar exemption, free accommodation for parents on the night of wedding, bridal suite on the wedding night, chair cover and much more. Call Alison on 098 36704 for further information (terms and conditions apply but only a few!).
The Mulranny Park Hotel is one of the ultimate wedding venues in Mayo, catering for the more intimate and exclusive wedding. We are listed in the prestigious McKenna's Guide 2013 as one of the top 10 properties by the Irish coast. The light flooded Granuaile Suite which caters for up to 320 guests and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. We are an approved wedding venue for civil wedding services.Watch our Wedding DVD here!Mulranny Park Hotel Wedding BrochureA REAL ADVENTURE AWAITS YOU IN MAYO...
At the Mulranny Park Hotel Mayo we offer a range of interesting and exciting activities to help make your stay with us even more memorable and enjoyable. Please see our sample weekly Activity Guide.
BLUE FLAG BEACHES - Mulranny has 2 beaches safe for swimming and great for Walking. Just walk over the causeway to the blue flag beach. Please see our local Activity Map & Greenway Adventures Brochure to explore the great the outdoors.
ACHILL ISLAND - Achill is the outdoor capital of the West and is only a 10 minute drive from the hotel. For more information please see our page about Achill Island.
CROAGH PATRICK - This stiff climb on Ireland's Holy Mountain is rewarded by a huge sense of achievement and panoramic views. The hotel overlooks Croagh Patrick across Clew Bay.
WESTPORT HOUSE & COUNTRY PARK - One of Ireland's most beautiful and historic homes. It’s the ideal family day out. More information on www.westporthouse.ie